One of my favorite things to order when going out for Vietnamese food is the Rice Noodle Salads. I always want more lettuce though, so have made sure to make plenty of lettuce in my own salad. The Nuoc Cham – Vietnamese dipping sauce is key to the sweet, hot, savory taste of the dish.
This makes a large single serving salad – but you will have dressing left over for next time.
Nuoc Cham – Vietnamese dipping sauce
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice (1 lime squeezed)
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic pressed through press
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
Combine ingredients making sure sugar is dissolved.
- 1 head romaine lettuce – chopped
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cucumber – seeds cut out, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 scallion slivered
- 4 oz. (1/2…
View original post 124 more words